Expert ADHD/Executive Function Coaching for Parents
Parenting can be so much more manageable and enjoyable with expert ADHD coaching to get you on the right track.You can look forward to more laughter happiness, and hope.
We will help you:
~ Reduce the frustration and stress
~ Improve cooperation and positive actions
~ Help your kids listen and communicate more effectively
~Learn to speak through strength, not anger, as you set limits and inspire success
ADHD and Executive Function challenges involve more than just difficulty with inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. For many children, it involves struggling with managing their emotions, their ability to plan and carry out their goals, and much more. This usually affects the entire family.Do you need help setting boundaries and motivating your child?
- Do you need support getting your child organized and more time-efficient?
- Are you wondering about how to bring some calm and joy back?
- Would you like an accountability partner to help you make the changes you need in your own parenting style?
Parent Coaching has long been recognized as an essential part of treating children with ADHD/ Executive Function challenges. When Parents receive specific tools, strategies, education, and support, challenging behaviors are reduced, deeper bonds are formed, compliance is increased.
Even the most loving couples don’t always see parenting through the same lens. The stress that parenting a complex child often creates between parents can place a strain on your marriage and the whole family.
What I love about working with parents?
Having parents share their stories of joy and success as the calm, laughter, and connection returns to their relationships with their children. Parenting isn’t easy! And it can be even more complex when you have a child who learns and behaves differently than is expected. The insights and tools I can offer in an expert ADHD coaching session can shift the family dynamic to build children’s confidence, resilience, and grit as they face school and life challenges.
My Parenting Philosophy:
Parent the child YOU have! I believe that each child who enters into our lives is creative, resourceful, and whole. Our job is to help them become the best version of who they are meant to be. It’s not always easy to see them struggle and know how to support without enabling their development. The key lies in knowing what they are truly capable of at the moment, and how to help them develop the skills they really need to thrive.
Parents are often given little more than some reading material, general advice, and perhaps medication when children are diagnosed with ADHD, Executive Function challenges, or Anxiety. Research shows that parent education and coaching are crucial components in the treatment of children with ADHD and other challenging behaviors.
Are you and your parenting partner on different pages?
Even when two adults love and respect one another, their philosophies and strategies for parenting may be very different. We were each raised with a unique experience based on who we are and how our parents interacted with us. These experiences inform how we approach our parenting journey.
Whether you are co-parenting in the same home or different homes, disagreements in parenting beliefs and styles can cause tremendous stress for both the parents and the children. it is vital for the mental health and success of your child that you agree on the boundaries and expectations you have for your children. The difference in approaches can lead to confusion, depression, anxiety, and defiance on the part of the child.
Through expert ADHD coaching, we can help you work through your differences and use a more collaborative approach to parenting your children.
Parenting Workshops give us a head start:
My staff of trained parent coaches and I are available for private coaching sessions. I always suggest that you participate in the ADHD & Executive Function Challenges: The Social & Emotional Impact on Learning, Motivation, Behavior, & the Family System© workshop and the Calm and Connected: ParentingChildren with ADHD/Executive Function Challenges© workshop before private sessions (available In-Person, Live Webinar, and On-Demand eCourse), however, this is not a pre-requisite. These workshops will allow us to work on a deeper level to implement the strategies and tools discussed in the workshops.
Expert ADHD Coaching Sessions for parents are held virtually via phone or Zoom worldwide.
Pricing and Logistics for Parent Coaching
- The Introductory Rate: $50 for First Session with an ADHD/EF Parent Coach
- The Coaching fee is $150 per session. Each session is usually between 50 minutes and an hour, at a time mutually convenient for the client and the coach.
- You may also choose to pay for a 4-session package for $550, due at the beginning of the 4-week schedule.
- If you have an HSA (Health Savings Account) or FSA (Flexible Spending Account) you may be able to use that for coaching sessions. Please check with your account provider. Coaching is not covered by health insurance.
- Coaching sessions are held virtually via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime.
- Direct coaching is reinforced by scheduled check-in appointments by email or text. Dealing with challenges and results between sessions accelerates awareness and skill building while emphasizing accountability and encouragement. Check-ins create continuity and bonding.
To request an individual parent coaching session, please click the button below, complete the request, and we will be in touch soon.