Are the Costs of Helping Your Child Keeping You from Seeking the Proper Support?

Perhaps an HSA, FSA, or HRA can help.

Expenses can quickly add up when you have a child with ADHD or learning challenges.  While insurance may not cover many of the costs associated with best treatment practices (parent coaching, student coaching, tutoring, etc.), there are options to have some of these expenses paid for using tax-free funds.

Using Tax-Free Funds to Support Your Child with ADHD

support adhd

I am not a tax specialist by any means, however, I do encourage you to see if you can take advantage of
opportunities available through opening an HSAs (Health Savings Accounts), FSAs (Flexible Spending Accounts) and HRAs (Health Reimbursement Arrangements). Sometimes these are included in your employee benefits.

In many cases, as long as a medical professional has diagnosed a disability, and that medical professional recommends the treatment, the expense can be considered an eligible mental health expenses and paid for using tax-free funds from these specialized accounts.

This information is not intended to provide tax advice.  Please see your tax professional to determine what tax benefits are available to you given your particular circumstance.  Please keep in mind that your employer might have additional limitations on what can be purchased with your account funds.

You are never alone on this journey.

Please reach out if I can support you in any way.



2 thoughts on “Are the Costs of Helping Your Child Keeping You from Seeking the Proper Support?”

Leave a Comment