As the new school year rapidly approaches, it’s natural to begin the process of, well, worrying about:
- Will my child do well with their teachers this year?
- Will I be able to collaborate effectively with their teachers if the need arises?
- Will my child effectively manage their homework?
- What role should I play in monitory homework and study habits?
- Will my child feel comfortable and competent in school?
Parenting is not easy! And when you have a complex child, you may need specific supports to manage. In preparation for the new school year, here are a few tools and resources you may find helpful. And, if at any time you feel you need some individualized support – please reach out for some one-on-one coaching.
MANAGING HOMEWORK – PARENT EDITION: ADHD/EF Tips, Tools, and Strategies for Helping Students©
Reduce the daily stress of homework and virtual learning battles.
Bring calm and order to your home.
- Help your child make the best use of the time they spend doing work
- Learn effective organizational techniques for students
- Confront issues involving motivation, independence, and work ethic
- Explore how to collaborate with your child’s school effectively
- Support your child without enabling them
- Learn tips, tricks, and ADHD strategies for parents that will make the lives of all your family members better
- Help Your Child Make the Best of Their Educational Opportunities and Stop the Daily Battles!
I will facilitate this 2-hour live-interactive Webinar on Monday, Sept. 19, 2022, at 5 pm MT/ 7 pm ET.
You may click here to purchase if you prefer the on-demand eCourse now.
And for some important information about creating a strong, effective relationship with your child’s teacher, please view my ADDitude Webinar.
MEET THE TEACHER: How to Build Relationships This Back-to-School Season
Parents and teachers see different facets of every child, especially students with ADHD. The way neurodivergent learners respond in various settings often depends on their comfort levels, interest, confidence, and motivation.
Parents of children with ADHD must share relevant and helpful information with new teachers each school year. This open, transparent communication allows educators to better decode and support a child’s needs and collaborate with caregivers on solutions. This Webinar will highlight tools and tips for collaborating in person and via targeted emails because the more parents, students, and teachers connect effectively, the more likely students will thrive.
In this Webinar:
- Parents will learn how to gather important insights and perspectives about their children to help new teachers understand how to best connect with and support their new students
- Teachers will learn to ask questions that will help them understand information about their students that will be useful and appropriate.
- Teachers and parents will learn sensible plans for effectively managing communication for a calm, successful new school year.
To view this Webinar, register here for free: ADDitude Webinar
Here are some articles from my blog that you might find helpful as the new year begins:
12 Things Kids with ADHD Would Like Their Teachers to Know
2-Minute Tutorial: How to Color-Code Your Child’s School Supplies
7 Tips for Preparing for a Great School Year
A Fresh Take on Back-to-School Readiness
3 Tips for Effective Study Breaks
Launching Into Young Adulthood with ADHD…Ready or Not!